Burger guzzling fourth year is taking part in the Breaking Baddass BBQ Challenge

She can eat a 24oz burger in under 10 minutes

A fourth year who has an impressive ability to put away 2.5kg of meat in just 25 minutes is hosting a food challenge event.

On Tuesday Kate Ovens – who studies Business and Management – is preparing to showcase her skills at Longhorns Barbecue Smokehouse on Osbourne Road, taking on the Breaking Baddass BBQ Challenge.

She’ll be given an hour to consume 7lb of smokehouse BBQ made up with Texas Badass brisket, Baddass beef ribs, Memphis pulled pork, full rack of ribs, smoked sausage, wins, put beans, red pickle slaw, brioche and fries.

Winners receive a free t-shirt and their picture on the hall of fame.

Kate at her best

In a Facebook post Kate said: “We’ll have a section of the restaurant just for this event, so if you’re not doing anything/avoiding uni work etc, then why not just come down to support?”

She’s doing the challenge with fellow burger consumer Tom Waring.

Tom, who studies Marketing, was the first person to complete the Osbourne’s Dust Lid Challenge in which he was given 45 minutes to finish a rack of baby back ribs, chicken wings, a double beef burger, a mug of chilli, two portions of skinny fries and sides.

‘Double Up’ Breakfast challenge, another that Will consumed within the time limit

Kate added: “The Newcastle American Football team are coming down, so any other societies are more than welcome. May as well come down and get the £10 meal deal which includes beer.”

The event starts at 3pm on Tuesday 20th October. You can keep updated with Kate’s challenges and events on her Facebook page.

If you’re there send us a snapchat of the action: thetabnewcastle