International student punched in the face in Sinners for no reason

It’s Wise Lim’s first black eye

It was supposed to be another legendary MedSoc social in Sinners.

So imagine Wise Lim’s horror when he was punched square in the face by a Geordie stranger as he accidentally shimmied into the lounge area.

Now the first year Medic, who has never been punched before, has been left with a massive red blood clot in one eye.

Quick snapchat front camera check

Dedication

Hapless Wise Lim, from Brunei, was enjoying the annual Meet The Teams at The Hancock Pub (MedSoc’s version of the general election) last Friday. 

Six pints of diesel later, clever Wise and his friends George Band and Jack Poynton headed back to Park Terrace for pres.

They then went straight to Feral where Wise was relentless with his liver and then hit Sinners to commit the second sin.

He said: “I am one of the lucky few to not get Asian flush as I have a fully functional acetaldehyde dehydrogenase enzyme.

“Jack bought the first round of trebles as we moved across the sticky dance floor whilst walking past the padded DJ booth.

“I then entered the lounge area – but this one stranger apparently told me not to.

“I was oblivious to the instructions – when I was tapped on the shoulder I assumed it was one of the many friends I have gained from my time here.”

Wise was then punched straight in the face.

“I feel 50 shades of bruised…quote me on that because I’m witty”

Leading the troops to Leeds

Poor Wise added: “He was obviously looking for a fight. I was so stunned and in pain that my only thought was to ask George to take me out of Sinners.”

“My nose was bleeding and my face was throbbing.

“It might have been my ridiculously good dance moves. But otherwise it was completely unprovoked.

“The pain was intense and then I felt really angry as I had’t done anything wrong.

“I didn’t think of retaliation because a) I didn’t want to make matters worse and b) I was clearly caught off guard and c) he was clearly bigger.

“In the mean time the offender had legged it and Jack (the ever loyal friend) chased him, whilst George took me to the well placed St Johns Ambulance parked next to Pop World.”

“Now I have this massive red blood clot in one eye.”

Pre-incident

Medics helping each other out

A policeman took statements from the three musketeers but upon replaying CCTV footage of the incident in Sinners, it was discovered that the smoke machine clouded the whole incident.

But will he ever step foot in Sinners again? An undeterred Wise said: “Oh definitely. I love it too much.”

Now Wise considers himself a lucky international student – he has lived in Ricky, seen the majestic Debbie Dumpling, skinny dipped in Leazes lake and now has been punched by a local.

Not bad for a guy who has never seen snow before.