Students jump from The Sage to raise awareness for the Teenage Cancer Trust

It looked terrifying

Six brave students bungee jumped 175ft over the Tyne on Sunday.

At 1pm, the ballsy students plummeted the furthest they have ever plummeted before.

Harry Ortmans, Byron Duncan, Maria Constantinou, Imogen Smith-Evans and Luke Forshaw have faced their biggest challenge yet, all for Teenage Cancer Trust.

From left: Maria, Luke, Harry, Imogen and Byron.

Ready to take the plunge, balls in stomach

What a view

They’ve already done numerous fundraising events including a bake sale, raising £250, and are planning a charity ball for mid February.

Imogen said: “Teenage Cancer Trust is an amazing charity that is dedicated to improving the quality of life of young people aged between 13 and 24, who are diagnosed with cancer every day.

“The charity funds and builds specialist unites in NHS hospitals and provides specialist staff.”

“It has become our mission to raise as much money as possible through organising sponsored events to support Teenage Cancer Trusts hard work.”

The group ready for their jump

“I think it’s a great cause helping Teenagers, whose lives have just begun, through difficulties that most of us will be lucky enough not to experience in a lifetime” said Harry.

Before the jump, Byron said: “I’m feeling a bit up and down about it, I won’t know whether to jump, or to wait until someone pushes me off.”

You can still donate here: https://www.justgiving.com/harryortmans