Naughty NUBC boys strip off for charity in naked calendar

Here’s a cheeky preview

The boys of the Newcastle University Boat Club have taken off their kit for a naked calendar, in aid of prostate cancer.

The calendar will be released on Wednesday 12th November, a day ahead of the women’s calendar.

We spoke to two of the team members, Will Anslow-Wilson, 2nd-year geography, and Tom Ford, an international marketing masters student to see what they had in store.

Tom Ford, the other one

Will Anslow-Wilson- 2nd year Geography & Tom James 2nd year Accounting and Finance

How did you feel about making it?

Will: We were really excited, it’s the first time we’d been part of a photoshoot and a project like this so couldn’t wait to get involved.

Tom: It was really fun to make. Was good to have a laugh with friends. We are all pretty close anyway so was nothing new!

“We’re back, we’re bigger and we’re on the water.”

Was it awkward stripping off on a nippy North East afternoon in public?

W: Well yes to begin with! But we quickly got over it, fortunately as well as been a bit nippy it was really good conditions on the River Tyne. There were a couple of people watching from the banks and of Newburn Bridge whilst we were shooting on the water.

T: It was pretty awkward especially when there were families watching and men playing with their belly buttons

How do you feel about it going out to lots of students?

W: Very pleased, the more the better! Our YouTube videos are getting hundreds of views per day so it’s really quite thrilling!

T: I have no issues with it going out to students. It’s for a great charity and is all good fun. Maybe it could be the start of something big

Are you nervous/excited/embarrassed?

W: All of the above really. The calendars have gone to print now and online pre-orders have opened. We’re nervous and excited at the same time because we hope our students and the public like our calendars and look forward to seeing their response to them. I think we’re slightly embarrassed as we could have got in better shape for the photoshoot, next year though!

T: I really excited about the calendar to see the final product and also how well it goes down.

There’s a pretty raunchy video too: