Your options for Halloween, twenty-fourteen

Where will you be getting freaky on Friday?

Halloween is probably one of the busiest nights of the year when it comes to Newcastle students heading out into town.

You have a real excuse to dress up like an idiot but not feel like one.

Rather than going in fancy dress for your standard social or initiation where the majority of Newcastle will turn around and shout abuse to you, everyone looks like a tit.

Therefore most places are putting on something special for the occasion, so we at the Tab have come up with a list of what we think are your best options in the toon this Halloween.

Ill Behaviour XL Halloween Special

• Where: The Newcastle Student Union
  • Who’s Playing: A1 Bassline, Wilfred Giroux, Benton, Amy Becker, Kiwi, DJ Anna Wall
  • Julian Osbourne says, “the DJ’s are sick and apparently Secret Garden Party are setting up all of the décor inside which is exciting”.

Swingers “DEAD FAMOUS DISCO”

• Where: Grey’s Club
  • Who’s Playing: The Dead Famous DJ Dink and Xan Woods are taking over the outside terrace, with a swinging disco, funk and soul vibe inside.
  • Alex Mackwood says, “can’t wait to be at the smoothest night in town with sexy and scary swingers galore”.

Gospel Project and Bounce Present: Bitten

• Where: Popolo on The Quayside
  • The experience will be like no other. Welcome to The Rocky Horror Show, welcome to… ‘BITTEN’
  • Max Pywell says, “it’s a new venue and there are some good surprise DJs playing. I’ve also heard the girls going down will be banging”.

Soho Rooms Presents // “TREBLE TOWERS” ft. STUCK UNDER BASS

• Where: Soho Rooms
  • Who’s playing: Jack Bassford, Roosta ,Wallace, Joe Hepperle, Wayne West
  • Josh Towers says, “the drinks will be cheap and there are three floors with different music!”

FERAL Presents: “THE HOWLING” Halloween Special

• Where: Riverside
  • ‘Stand clear and batten down the hatches. This is day of the Fox; or “The Howling” as he likes to call it.’
  • Georgia Brierley says, “I’m going down because I love that Foxy Feral feeling and will probably get so drunk that I’ll end up in the river”.

Dirty Little Secret’s Day of the Dead Halloween

• Where: Tup Tup Palace
  • Frequented by the fiendishly attractive. This Friday is the Day Of The Dead, the day where all things turn a little bit freaky, a little spooky and certainly a little scary’.
  • Ed Lawrence-Jones says, “I’m going because who wouldn’t want to spend Halloween in a palace?”, whereas Jake De’Haan is “going for the fanny”.

Other events are also happening such as Tuhiki at TigerTiger, and Project X at Digital. Or, you can go home, lock yourself away from all the noise and trick or treaters, and have a quiet night in.

What will you decide? Happy Halloween!