Library concentration stunted by violent bouts of coughing

It’s deafening

It’s a bit late for freshers’ flu, but every student in the toon is harbouring a chesty ailment – and it’s disrupting the library, seminars and lectures alike.

Students in the Robbo have been spreading their germs and noise for the past week, and now students are in despair over their lack of concentration.

In just five minutes, twenty seven coughs were counted on the ground floor computer cluster of the Robinson. In a seminar, there was coughing rate on average of six a minute – that’s one every ten seconds.

Getting the better of us all

The scene of the madness

Zandy, 3rd year Law student said: “All this coughing makes me feel uneasy. As much as I hate the whole thing, hearing coughing makes me want to cough too.”

Her future in Law is at stake

She just can’t help it

Luke, 4th year Architecture student says he has been having “sleepless nights”, and Emily, 2nd year History and Politics says “I am struggling to concentrate. The library is a place of work and it has been infiltrated by the equivalent of unpredictable shouting.”

Let’s hope this bug discovers its place, and pray that its place is not forever in the library.