Campus bomb maker who wanted to ‘whiten’ black people JAILED for two years

Vladimir Aust had pleaded guilty to possession of explosive substances

The Russian fresher found making bombs in his halls bedroom has been jailed for two years.

19 year-old Vladamir Aust was found to be in possession of explosive substances, after two evacuations on the Newcastle University campus.

On a Russian social networking site, Aust had boasted he wanted to “whiten niggers” with the peroxide he had purchased to make bombs.

The first year student pleaded guilty to constructing explosives earlier in September.

He was initially accused of terrorism however these charges were later dropped.

Aust’s police mug shot

The explosives (hexamethylene triperoxide diamine or HMTD) were bought off amazon for less than £22.

A gas mask, knifes and tools were also recovered from his room.

Unstable Chemicals recovered

The Russian student caused a bomb scare in June this year after a highly explosive chemical was found in the INTO Newcastle university building.

This led to two separate evacuations. He was later arrested in London.

He had previously shown concern at the substances he was handling. He said: ‘’I am fucking concerned to keep this shit of mine, it is fucking dangerous.”

Knives found in his room

A photo on Vladamir’s social networking page

Vladamir’s defence read that he did not understand the dangers of his actions, he did not know he was committing an offence and that all this was merely an interest and “not in any way an obsession”.

The judge, Mr Justice Coulson, told the court that the young student was “dangerous, but acting alone” and sentenced him to two years.

Ian Wilson, head of the North East Counter Terrorism Unit said,: “Vladimir Aust clearly had a growing fascination with chemicals and manufacturing them into explosives. Some of the items recovered are classed as potentially volatile and therefore could have put those within the vicinity at risk.

“Although there is no evidence or indication what Aust planned to do with the items he manufactured, the hours he spent researching and working on them is of great concern.”

A gas mask found in Aust’s room

Izzy Johnstone, a second year Business and Sociology undergraduate, said: “He is a danger to society and Newcastle is safer with him behind bars.”

Micheal Haverty, another second year student, said: “Two years doesn’t seem long enough for someone who clearly has sadistic intentions.”

Vladamir Aust will serve two years for making an explosive substance.

The second 18-year-old who was also arrested in connection to the case has since been released without charge.