Newcastle Uni ranked fourth for quality of life

We have a laugh, don’t we?

Newcastle has been voted fourth best uni in the country for quality of life.

Unsurprisingly, our lives our better than those at Northumbria, but we’ve somehow been beaten by Durham, according to the new Telegraph rankings.

And it’s Bath and Loughborough who’ve topped the tables – leaving Newcastle students confused and questioning its validity.

Previous winners Dullham have somehow managed to bag third place against all odds, and even Bath have crept ahead of us to second place.

And many students have been left wondering why we haven’t come first.

Molly D’Aguilar, a second year Psychology and Maths Student said: “We weren’t surprised about our position in the rankings until we realised who we had been beaten by”.

Helen Breddy, second year French and Spanish said: “Think how often we see Durham students coming over to Newcastle for a night out, surely that means we should be ranked higher than them?”

The rankings were based on a variety of aspects including course satisfaction, accommodation costs, sport facilities, crime in the area and student satisfaction.

Runners up Loughborough only managed 89% on student satisfaction in this year’s National Student Survey, whereas Newcastle scrubbed up with an impressive 91%.

They might be the two best universities in the country, but we’ve streamed past both Oxford and Cambridge, which have each dropped three places from last year’s survey in their quality of student life.

Just weeks ago, the Sunday Times guide revealed that we’re even more employable than Oxford, and also named us as the 20th best university in the country.