Union pulls plug on CCTV

Who’s going to film us embarrassing ourselves now?

exclusive

Saturdays at the Student’s Union have long been the home of debauchery, diesel and – later – disdain.

But now, The Tab can exclusively reveal that CCTV will be closing it’s doors for the next term.

Celebrating its 1st Birthday in 2012

After a steep decline in popularity over the last year, and more so since Christmas, the student union has pulled the plug on the once extremely popular Saturday night.

A source told The Tab: “After many chances and warnings of this eventuality, the opportunity to turn the night’s fortune around was simply too far gone.”

The booth has been home to more straight arm pints than ice bucket challenges. There’s been lamented partial nudity, fancy dress, a few unstable handstands thrown in – and there have even been reports of CCTV-booth-fornication.

Abigail, who was a regular at the night last year said:” It was my fave night – nowhere else gets the sticky floor and cheesy music combo quite right. “By the end of third year I’d learnt how to ride the bucking bronco perfectly!”

The good old days

To the bad: ‘Mate it’s dead call EVERYONE’

But this isn’t the first scare – earlier this year The Tab reported the night’s closure as part of an April Fools’ wind-up.

Details of CCTV’s replacement are yet to be confirmed.

More info to follow.