Selfie swindlers: Alleged teen culprits caught after selfie surfaces on stolen phone

Bandits broke into WHQ but were caught after a selfie made it’s way onto rightful owner’s iCloud

Teens who allegedly broke into World Headquarters and made off with a number of mobile phones have been caught – after they posed for a selfie on a stolen iPhone.

Three culprits have been arrested after a selfie has surfaced, taken on what is thought to be a stolen phone.

The Tab’s attempt at a getaway selfie

On the 8th March, some of Newcastle’s finest cat burglars decided to break into the offices of the big dogs at World Headquarters.

The WHQ break in happened in the early hours of the morning and the thieves escaped with a hefty loot.

Their spoils were electronics, and evidently mobile phones were snapped up in this bountiful swag.

Now, the alleged culprits have been caught after the selfie, along with a number of other snaps were uploaded to the rightful owner’s iCloud account.

But it looks like they’ve not quite got the hang of the getaway selfie.

Maybe an autographed photo would be something to bear in mind for the next alleged heist.