EXCLUSIVE: Fem Soc shut down CCTV

Fem Soc finally win as CCTV is to be closed down following SU meeting

exclusive

CCTV will be closing after Easter as Newcastle University Feminist Society won their point at the students meeting called by the NUSU President who has been lobbied by the society since last November.

The open to all meeting was attended by a handful of CCTV promoters and a dominating amount of FemSoc members. It is not known if the event was poorly publicised or if simply no one bothered to turn up, which is often the case when it comes to student voting.

FemSoc have branded the CCTV night ridiculous and even ‘misogynistic‘, and argued that as the NUSU logo appears with the CCTV one it’s as if the SU backs these infamous booth shenanigans.

Whilst it is well known that the footage of these nights are put online (so potential employees can view), both male and female students willingly make tits of themselves every weekend yet somehow this is a problem for FemSoc.

In their previous draft motion members said that the night encouraged ‘lad culture’ .

One student outside the SU said: “If no one bothers to vote then we only have ourselves to blame when things like this happen”.

It is a democratical outrage. CCTV will be sorely missed.

Check the date guys… CCTV isn’t going anywhere.