Failed Newcastle medic begs uni to drop £90k legal fees

Degree-less and now penniless – Crawford writes to uni pleading “don’t bankrupt me”

Crawford’s in a crisis: Newcastle student who failed his exams and tried to sue Newcastle University now cannot afford to pay his £90,000 legal bills.

If failing his degree twice, then losing his court case wasn’t enough – Crawford now claims he’s too skint to cough up the 90k fees he owes for attempting to sue Newcastle Uni.

32 year old Paul Crawford can’t foot legal bills

Paul Crawford failed his medical exams twice at Newcastle University in 2010 and 2011. So it looks like the failed medic won’t get a chance at becoming Newcastle’s answer to McDreamy after failing to make the grade.

And now, to add insult to injury, Crawford has now admitted he’s broke.

The ex medic has approached the university pleading “don’t bankrupt me” – and has said “one cannot get blood out of stone”.

Crawford claims he does not have the funds and his parents cannot afford to cover the costs of his legal battles with the university.

And the ex student hasn’t been shopping Tesco Everyday Value – he managed to rack up a huge £6,000 worth of credit card debts on top of his legal fees.

Newcastle University have failed to comment on the debacle

In a rage the 32-year-old attempted to sue the university through the high court after claiming the University marked his exam papers wrong.

After battling through the courts, Crawford lost the case and ended up racking up £90,533 in law fees.

The ex student now claims that his fail was not down to the misconduct of the University staff but a “momentary mistake” in which he released confidential information in a role play exam, giving him a borderline fail to his Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of surgery degree.

With his own personal debt Crawford has begged Newcastle University to drop the fees in an open letter to the University saying:

“I do seriously ask the university to reflect whether, as an educational institution which claims to have a pastoral concern for the welfare of students, it wishes to be spending its money for the purpose only of inflicting bankruptcy on a student who is already left with the uncertainty of future consequent.”

Crawford’s lawyers have approached the high court in the hope that the charges will be dropped – but it could be another casualty for Crawford.