How to be… A Media Student

The Tab brings you of a day in the life of a media student.

Ever thought we media students had it easy? Think we sit back and watch films all day? You’re not far wrong. Put your text books and dissertations away and roll out the Disney films.

7:30am

Rather than checking whether you’ve done the designated reading for the day’s lectures and seminars, a good ten minutes is spent deciding which Nike treds best match your leather look leggings and baggy, over sized Urban Outfitters jumper.

8:30am

A quick stop off in Starbucks en route to the Metro to get your daily Skinny Latte is crucial to get those brain cells working before the lecture.

9.10am

After finally remembering where the Armstrong building is, walk late into the nearly empty lecture theatre with your Juicy Couture bag on one arm and iPhone in the other. Waving at friends is optional, although can be frowned upon by the lecturer.

9.30am

Time to get the Hello Kitty note pad and pen set out. Pink and fluffy is always essential media student stationary kit. Writing the date and the title of the lecture is always a good start. Hiding right at the back to enable constant texting with being seen is always a good tactic.

10:00am

In this five minute break given by the lecturer, a trot downstairs for a cheeky Marlboro light is needed, that half hour of concentrating on David Beckham and Miley Cyrus is tiresome! Alternatively, a little nap on the desk always goes down well.

10:10am

Begrudgingly drag yourself back into the lecture to sit for fifty minutes “analysing” photographs of David Beckham and discussing Madonna.

11:00am

Receiving your seminar tasks for the week and essential readings goes straight over your head as you’re too busy stalking on Instagram and Twitter for the mid morning gossip. Turning up to tomorrow’s seminar without having done the readings or work is expected.

Don’t worry though – it will probably have been to watch the Lion King.

After a hard two hours concentrating its definitely time for lunch and back to bed in your pink fluffy oneise, a hard day’s work deserves rest after all!

So there you have it, if you feel like your degree is too hard or stressful, just spare a thought for us hanigng out in the world of Disney and David!