No uni tomorrow as staff strike for second time

It’s trebles time! We get another day off as prof protests continue.

If you wanted any more of an excuse to go out this week, the lecturers of Newcastle University are striking again.

As of tomorrow lectures will be suspended for the day as uni staff strike over pay.

Already striking earlier this term, lecturers will take to the Monument once again in a bid to increase pay.

So if you happen to find yourself on Grey’s Street tomorrow, it’s not your typical petitioners for equal rights, it’s your rebellious lecturers.

And students are being told to embrace the lie in. An email circulated earlier urged us to “support the strikes by not turning up to lectures.”

Many of Wednesday’s seminars and lectures will also be cancelled, so it looks like a two day bender is on the cards.

But some students aren’t happy about the strikes. One student said: “I pay nine grand a year to be taught, we’re meant to be the ones slacking off, not the lecturers.”

So, we thought we would help you out and give you a little guide on how to make the most of the next three days.

Monday night: A cheeky trip to Bar 38 for some dirty trebles and sticking to the floor will set you off nicely for an evening of being a total Newcastle edgy socialite at Club Trop.

Tuesday: A lie in ’till three in the afternoon is not optional, but is downright essential. Spending the rest of the day in bed is advised.

Wednesday: Again, halleluiah no lectures, so no need to stumble into your lectures still drunk. Sleep all day, revision can wait. It’s not like your exam is the next day or anything.

So put those pens down, stop revising, and go raise a shot to our dear lecturers.