Beat Boxing 2013: Big hits and heavy drops

Beat Boxing, the sport that puts students in the boxing ring, returns to Newcastle on Thursday.

“Say my name on the door for guest list” will be replaced with taunts and jives as your fave (or not so) promo kids battle it out in the ring.

These guys and girls just can’t get enough of competition – if they aren’t fighting for people to attend their night it seems they are fighting each other.

But it’s not just about the promo guys, with students from Newcastle and Northumbria also entering into this “friendly” competition, the poly rivalry will be in full swing.

All fighters have been following a strict training and nutritional plan. We wonder if they’ve followed the rule of no sex before a fight – with their reps – we’re thinking maybe not.

Get to know the fighters a little better with this chart.

So after the weigh-ins and slagging off we found out who is fighting who.

• Will Smithies VS Zac Evans – Promo V Promo
  • Dylan Teasdale VS Nick Lithgow – Claude Gibb V Leazes
  •  Ali Platt VS Alex Docx – Vic22 V Vic22
  • Jake May VS Jake Ostrovskis – Battle of the Jakes?
  • Emily Grimes VS Jasmine Ford – Girl V Girl, a triumph of post-feminism at its best!
  • Jack Morphet VS Henry Wade – Set to be the ‘fight of the night’ according to their trainer!

Take a look at the video:

And this is the first year that girls will fight in the ring and they are set to be just as impressive as the boys.

We asked what the girls thought of the ‘girl on girl’ addition to the event.

Jasmine said: “Some people seem to be against female fights but I don’t see how it’s any different from male fights”.

Emily added: “It definitely won’t be sexy in any way. Blood, sweat and tears will all occur”.

The event will be held at Club LQ on 28th November with fights from 8pm, with the night continuing in an after party at Koos.

Tickets are £10 and can be purchased from any of the fighters, as well as event organiser James Mcllvenna on 07791380284.

Check out the event on Facebook.