NU:DJ Society President takes on the X-factor for Christmas #1

NU:DJ President backed by big names in the music industry to take number one spot this Christmas.

Third year Newcastle student George Mayfield puts his spin Jingle Bells to battle it out for Christmas number one.

And now, with the backing from industry big dogs, he’s managed to rack up a huge following, cementing himself as a firm contender for the number one spot.

It all started when he woke up on Wednesday morning to find it on his laptop after a night out.

“I was listening to Mercy whilst on the Facebook campaign page looking at the picture of Boddika in a Santa hat and just started hearing a jingle in time to the beat.”

He then went out to Cosmic Ballroom that night: “I had that idea in my head when I went to ILL! Behaviour and told a few of the guys about it, then obviously went on to make it when I got home”.

That fateful night

His song was posted on the ‘Boddika – Mercy VIP For Christmas No.1 2013’ Facebook page which has over seven thousand likes, and the original and club mix combined have racked up an impressive 5,000 plays on soundcloud and rising.

And to top it off he’s received support from the likes of the De$ignated Dj and Taches, the Facebook campaign leaders, who’ve asked him to do an extended club mix. It’s also set to be played on Rinse FM and BBC 1XTRA.

Madtech has also jumped on the bandwagon, tweeting this and creating #MERCYBELLS:

Support is also rolling in from other established DJs such as Toyboy & Robin:

Haven’t heard the ‘genius’ mix for yourself? Here it is:

https://soundcloud.com/#george-mayfield/mercy-bells-club-mix

Let’s see if we can help get the Newcastle University DJ president to number one!