No charges for Bodyslamming Bouncer

Bouncer walks away from assault free of charge

No criminal charges have been brought against the doorman caught on video, slamming a young man to the floor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75xUrUuUlz8

The Idols bouncer, revealed to be martial fighter Lewis Barrow, was spoken to by the police but later released without charges. Northumbria Police claim they are still investigating the incident.

Officers are also appealing to any taxi drivers who may have witnessed this incident to give statement.

The doorman has been barred from working at Idols and is understood to be facing disciplinary action from Phoenix Security, the contracting door company.

Newcastle University student, Luke Taylor, recorded the incident on his phone.

In the shocking footage, a man in a blue shirt  is seen to approach the doorman, who is close to the entrance to Idols.

The young man lifts his hands and walks towards the doorman before someone is heard to say: “Come on, clever c***,” and the doorman kicks out at the man.

The man in the blue shirt is wrestled by the doorman towards the road where waiting black cabs are parked.

Another doorman, approaches the grappling men but does nothing to break the situation up.

Barrow is seen to grab the man with both hands before lifting him into the air and throwing him to the pavement, there is a sickening crack, and the man lies still.

Someone can be heard saying “that’ll teach you”.

Anyone with any information should contact Northumbria Police on 101 ext 69191 or alternatively Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.