Tab’s Top Tips: Trebles Bars Guide 2013

We bring you the top trebles bars in the toon.

In case you haven’t noticed, there’s shit loads of trebles bars in Newcastle. Here’s our run down of the best.

Mushroom

I went to this underground place once in freshers’ week having been tempted by £1.95 trebles only to find out they charge extra for mixer when you’re at the bar. So unless you want three shots of vodka with no mixer – don’t bother.

This place does have a dancefloor with squares that change colour, but if that is what you find appealing then you should have done Colouring In at Northumbria.

Best deal: No one cares

Basement

Excellent location, made better by the fact that you get three shots of vodka in a tiny cup, a few ice cubes and a slurp of mixer. Not for the weak, but persevere and you really will be rewarded. Your feet will stick to the floor, but as the place is so full you don’t really get to move about much, so this isn’t really an issue. The place can be like a maze too with a hidden tunnel, so if you need to sneak off with a newly found partner or just need to whip out the chunder dragon, this is your place.

Best deal: 3 trebs £5

Sam Jacks

Good old £1.95 trebles complimented by free mechanical bull rides give this bar a high score. Points are deducted from the fact that the operator lets girls stay on for ages, yet for me he started the bull before I had even mounted it – bastard (if you’re reading this then you need to get a life, you probably go to Northumbria).

Best Deal:  Treble Vodka + Mixer £1.95 (Monday-Thursday)

Players

Everyone loves sports apart from nerds, but even nerds love girls showing some skin. I’d say hot, but let’s be honest, they are probably not that hot and just look appealing because of the clothes (or lack of them) that they wear. You also get some ponces on the podium who attempt to dance for your very own amusement.

“Oh no, everyone has realised I can’t dance for shit!”

A good spot to hit after you’ve had a few quiet ones in the Keel Row next door, also close by are the upstairs toilets in the Gate if you are a girl or you need a dump.

Best Deal: Mojito mondays! 2 for £5.
Wednesday 3 trebs £5

Sinners

People don’t say ‘Sinners for winners’ for nothing. Cheesy music and the cage, toilet floors covered in piss, and an upstairs bar with smoking terrace really do make this place come alive.

If you’re reading this, chances are you’ve done something cringey in the cage.

The bar upstairs comes complete with poles which makes the place not only good for the monies but great for the honeys. Despite the glorious days of ‘Ice Cream Tuesdays’ sadly having gone, Sinners consistently continues to draw large crowds and take huge portions of peoples’ student loans every year, and this is why it is without a doubt the jewel in the Crown of Newcastle’s trebles bars.

Best Deal: Sinners Special at £1.95