Penis equals pounds

Male graduates five times more likely to earn £40,000 a year

Grads are FIVE TIMES more likely to earn £40,000 within three years of graduating, if they’re blokes. 

While one in 20 men earn £40,000 within three years of graduating, just 1% of women reach the same heights, despite 40-year-old equality laws intended to snuff out gender discrimination.

Is this where women belong?

Warwick uni boffins surveyed 17,000 grads from 2006 for The Higher Education Careers Services Unit, tracking their salaries three years down the line.

The results slam the idea that gender equality exists:

EARNING AT LEAST £24,000:

– Half of men

– Fewer than a third of women

EARNING MORE THAN £40,000:

– One in 20 men

– One in 100 women

EARNING AT LEAST £50,000:  

– One in 40 men

– One in 333 women

Stats show a “strikingly uneven” pay gap, says lead researcher Jane Artess, who found the take-home pay of female grads to range between a meagre £15,000-£23,999.

And when it comes to earning big money, men do better in most careers, including:

– Medicine

– Computer science

– Law

– Engineering

– Education

The not-for-profit sector is a lone ranger when it comes to paying men and women equally.

And it doesn’t get any better the older you get. According to the Office for National Statistics, women in their 50s earn 20% less than men.

While the average 50-year-old woman earns £11.99/hour, the average man cashes in £14.69/hour.

So put down those books, ladies, studying is probably pointless.