Murder Inquiry In Jesmond

43 year old Kochs died from injuries sustained in an assault.

david kochs murder jesmond

Two men have been arrested following the death of David Kochs, 43, found in a flat on Adderstone Crescent, Jesmond.

Police have not ruled out murder as forensics have concluded that Kochs died of injuries sustained during an assault and it is also understood that the men knew each other.

Northumbria Police were called to the scene at 12:10pm on Saturday, March 2 after the body of a man was discovered.

The non-student area was deeply affected by this incident in Dulverton Court, a block of flats on a road inhabited mostly by young professionals and retired couples.

The road in North Jesmond

Admin worker Raquel Hernandez, 39, of Dulverton Court said that she “would never have thought it would be something like murder,” she said. “Now I’m really scared.”

Newcastle Supt Paul Orchard commented: “Although this may cause concern for the local community I want to reassure residents that there is no risk to members of the public.

“The incident has happened inside a property and those involved are believed to have been known to each other.”