Beat the ‘P’ word

Always looking out for you, we’ve undergone thorough research to help you work towards exams.

| UPDATED exams procrastination

Need to write that essay/get your revision done? Don’t panic.

Here’s a definitive list of the best ways to avoid avoidance and get down to business.

5. Don’t read or write a Tab article about not procrastinating, do your work instead.

4. Write out some form of plan, or at least know what you’re doing. If you break everything down into sections it looks a lot less scary. Revising for three exams can be terrifying, but revising one or two lecture topic per day for ‘x’ days is a bit more manageable.

3. Find a place with the least amount of distractions. Be it working in the library, or locked in your room or even working on paper so you’re not tempted by the internet. Do your best to avoid anything that’s going to shatter – your already failing – concentration.

There’s no limit to what you can do when you’re supposed to be working

2. Go cold turkey: Get Cold Turkey or Facebook Limiter (does YouTube as well). If you can’t avoid Facebook or Twitter by sheer force of will then block them from your computer. Eventually you’ll realise that working’s the only option.

1. Reward yourself. When I asked 200 of my closest friends what the best way to survive the assessment period was every one of them mentioned rewarding themselves. So, be it a jelly bean after every line, a dram of whiskey, playing COD or watching some of the entertainment industry’s less clothed films (this was a serious suggestion, honest) make sure that you get something to reward all that work you’re doing.

However, if you’re here and reading this article then you’re probably beyond help, so here’s a quiz about time management that will eat up some more of your time while making you feel like you’re doing something useful.

Good luck!