Scores on the doors: Week 3

Wednesday League sees Medics 1sts flatline rivals in derby

Intra Mural newcastle. football

Division 1

Newcastle Medics 1sts took the bragging rights in Wednesday’s Medics derby at Longbenton as they made light work of Medics 2nds.

The Medics had already met this season in the Saturday League but the teams couldn’t be separated and played out a frustrating 0-0 draw.

Things weren’t as tight this time around though as Medics 1sts completed a comfortable victory against their fellow doctors thanks to goals from Nathan Campbell, Dave Edwards and Josh Davison.

Henderson Hall are still the team to beat in the First Division however as they turned over last year’s cup winners Barca Law Na 2-1 on the 3G.

Stephen Welch had already scored for the Oranges when Jack Mellor popped up in the dying seconds to maintain his side’s 100 per cent start to the season.

Despite another impressive display, Captain Adam Kaznowski is refusing to get carried away and dismissed any talk of a title challenge at this embryonic stage of the season

“It’s too early to speak of the title” the captain argued in truly professional fashion. “The team is playing with confidence and there’s a great atmosphere in the changing room so we’re hopeful this run can go on for a little while yet.”

“We’re pleased with the way our new signings have settled in but for now we’ll just take each game as it comes and see what happens.”

Meanwhile Dyslexic came out on top in a bottom half scrap with Borussia Forsyth thanks to a hat-trick from Dom Robson.

Division 2

The Hurricanes match against Roman Villa had to be abandoned after 85 minutes after goalscorer Andy Hamilton suffered a broken leg in the closing stages. The holding midfielder had just added a fourth for the ‘Canes when he went down with what was later revealed to be a dislocated ankle and broken fibula.

Earlier in the match Chris McCrory had scored the pick of the goals when he chipped the keeper from the edge of the area and despite the early abandonment the 4-1 score line will still stand.

Elsewhere in the division Ecosoccer struck three past Castle Leazes with Rob Stacey grabbing two in a 3-0 win, while Aftermath beat Lokomotiv in a 12-goal bonanza – Adam Jones netting a hat-trick for Aftermath in an 8-4 victory.

Division 3

There were plenty of goals in Division Three as well where Jesmondino FC’s striker Alex Smith continued his rich vein of form, scoring his second consecutive hat-trick as his side ran out 9-3 winners against Politic Thistle.

Owen Wren continued the hat-trick theme in his sides 3-1 win over Newcastle Dynamos, netting all three for his side, while Newhist scraped to a 3-2 triumph over Multiple Scoregasms thanks to goals from David Robinson, Patrick Gallagher and Eric Hickman.