Official SHAG Week Starts!

Call sent out for female students to contribute!

nusu shag week union

Today sees the start of Newcastle University Student Union’s (NUSU) official Sexual Health and Guidance Week.

A call has gone out to “raise awareness of issues related to sex and sexual health” amongst the student population that the Union serves so well.

A tent will be present all week for students to visit with “condom fairies” dishing out latex freebies to those students eager to build their stash! The great news is they will be there for the remainder of the week between the hours of 11-3 so if you’re planning a night out this week get on down.

Free condoms are being handed out!

However don’t think that a secret visit is a possibility as a pop up structure from channel 4’s BAFTA winning Embarrassing bodies will be erected outside the building on Wednesday.

Students have been invited to bring their bits and issues to Dr Dawn Harper, co-presenter of the show, and discuss the issues surrounding student sex life. In particular, female students are being asked to come and discuss their problems or worries.

In special recognition a “special Love themed jam” at 7pm in the ‘Men’s Bar’ for those eager to share their emotions via musical talent.

Following last years success of the event (100% of students surveyed last year encouraged the event) it is expected to be another great success. Make sure you get down there to get any questions answered!