Scores On the Doors: Week 2

After rain called off much of Wednesday’s football fixtures, Hendo top Division One after Five Star weekend. Read The Tab’s full round up here.

| UPDATED Football Intra Mural newcastle

Division One

Henderson Hall continued their 100 per cent start to the Saturday First Division by bulldozing new boys FC Civille 5-1.

Jack Mellor and James Swainston scored twice each to put their side in a commanding position before James McChrystal completed the rout.

Hendo then repeated the feat today, dispatching of NUSSC by the same scoreline with McChrystal stealing the show and netting twice in the process.

The result capped off a torrid weekend for Tom Holroyde’s side, who are clearly missing the presence of their captain in central defence, having leaked four goals yesterday against Axe Wielding Baboons.

The Baboons came out on top in a frenzied affair as captain Andrew Kearns put his side ahead and Liam Dury got a brace in a 4-3 victory.

Medics 1 had to come from behind to beat a spirited Dyslexic side on Longbenton 3G after Ben Wheel’s double had fired Untied into a commanding position. The Reds failed to hold on to their lead however, eventually succumbed to a 3-2 defeat with Medics captain Ben Emmerson grabbing a dramatic winner.

The Medics 2nds also had a tough encounter against Barca Law Na and needed to stage a late fight back to snatch a point in a 3-3 draw. The Medics recovered from 3-1 down thanks to strikes from Bullock and Intra Mural predator Josh Batham.

Division Two

Castle Leazes won a bruising encounter against Queens Of Everything to remain top of the Second Division. Alex Jones collided with the keeper when netting for Castle Leazes while Mike Spence dislocated his shoulder in adding a third in their 4-2 victory.

MLS’s miserable start to life in the Second tier continued when they were soundly beaten by a rampant SS Ladzio side with Chris Limb scoring a hat-trick in a 6-0 win.

Two goals in the last two minutes saw Panthers defeat Larrikins in a 4-3 thriller. Captain Tom Womersley had netted twice for Larrikins but Tom Prichard got his second and his side’s fourth late into the game to seal victory.

Rico Richardson’s goal was the difference as Chem Eng FC beat Boca Seniors in the division’s other game.

Division Three

Conor Harris and Christian Pellegrino scored two goals a piece as Hamilton Biomedical condemned Bayles to a 4-0 defeat which leaves them propping up the entire Intra Mural League.

FC Bayern Toonich made light work of Roman Villa as they smashed seven past their opponents in a 7-1 victory, captain Johnny Armour helping himself to a hat-trick.

Francois Vannerem’s double was all Aesthetico Madrid could muster as they fell to a 7-2 defeat at the hands of FC Bath A Loner. James Hunt was the star for Loner, finding the net four times despite playing 85 minutes with an injury.

In the division’s other fixture Fiorentina Turner FC ran out 6-2 winners against Shakhtar LN despite the best efforts of Josh “Big Jay” Dobson. The clumsy defender gave away a stone wall penalty but his side were able to rally and a hat-trick from Alex Smith helped them to their cakewalk result.