Top Five: Intramural Team Names

Footballers reign supreme in the most imaginative names in uni sport.

intramural intramural football

From the wordsmiths at Bio Neverlosen to the inspired players of 50 Shades of Gay (see what they did there?), it is clear  genuine thought went into the christening of these proud football teams.

Less can be said for other intramural sports, who have barely mustered a pun between them! Without further ado then, the top 5 names in Newcastle sport are…

5. Southern Fairies Rugby Union
Admittedly, the name in isolation is not mind-blowing, but when you factor in the perplexing presence of a Scotsman playing the bagpipes on the side-line of their games, I feel it’s worthy of the list.

4. Aesthetico Madrid Football
This is a classy name. Despite knowing nothing about the team or their opposition, I wouldn’t be surprised if they went on to win their league.

3. Shakhtar Lastnite Football
A little on the crude side perhaps, and a little tenuous, but you have to applaud the effort of this Ukrainian Premier League-based pun.

2. Obi One, Kenobi Nil Football
Management were really thinking outside of the box when naming this side. Full marks for ingenuity.

1. Fiorentina Turner FC Football
“Simply the best” name in intra mural sport. I can’t quite put my finger on why, but it certainly made me chuckle.

Honourable Mentions: Crystal Phallus (Football), Borussia Forsyth (Football), Multiple Scorgasms (Football), Rizzle Sticks (Mixed Hockey).