Harry Styles is investing in a new £350m music arena for Manchester

He said: ‘It very much feels like coming home’

Harry Styles has revealed he will be investing in a new £350m indoor music and sports arena in Manchester.

The arena, Co-op Live, will be in east Manchester, and Harry said: “It very much feels like coming home.”

Raised in Holmes Chapel, Harry said he regards Manchester as his home town and wanted to help the city’s growth.

Plans were approved by the council’s planning committee last month, and the venue will be the UK’s largest indoor arena.

American firm Oak View Group (OVG), who are working in partnership with the Manchester-based Co-operative Group, hope to start building work next month, creating more than 3,350 jobs over the three-year construction phase. A further 1,000 jobs will be created when the venue opens in 2023.

Harry has confirmed he will not only be investing money in the project but also getting involved in its development, saying: “I’m incredibly proud and excited to be partnering with OVG on their plans for Co-op Live.

“Manchester is an incredible city, filled with incredible people, and I couldn’t be happier being involved in this project. It very much feels like coming home.

“I was drawn to this project on every level, from the opportunities it brings, to the contribution it will make to the city, and most importantly, that it will allow even more live music to thrive in Manchester. It’s just another sign that this amazing city continues to grow.”

Francesca Bodie, of OVG, said: “We’re focused on building one of the world’s best arenas in Manchester and Harry’s advice and consultation is going to be invaluable as we work to deliver that.

“It will support a further 1,000 jobs during operation and bring more events to the city. The arena will be located on the Etihad Campus and has been designed as the most sustainable arena in Europe.

“The partnership with Co-op will see the venue generate at least £1m annually for good causes both locally in Manchester and across the UK.”

More Harry Styles stories:

Obvs you want to know which era Harry Styles you’d date, so take this quiz to find out

Let’s all bask in these 101 beautiful photos of Harry Styles

Quiz: TikTok is obsessed with them, but would you date Draco, Harry Styles or R-Patz?