Organisation All Black Lives Manc is holding ‘an anti-racist event’ this Sunday

It will take place in Piccadilly Gardens and will ‘celebrate Black culture’

All Black Lives Manc, the Manchester branch of All Black Lives UK is holding an event called, “MCR DAY OF ACTION” on the 4th October (this Sunday!) from 2-6pm in Piccadilly Gardens.

via Instagram @allblacklivesmanc

The Day of Action will be, “an anti-racist event celebrating Black culture through local music, dance and poetry”.

The organisers told The Manchester Tab that the event is “to spread our message and give a platform to the amazing black creatives and businesses in Manchester”.

All Black Lives Manc’s  Instagram page features updates on events, such as The Day of Action, and the platform will be used to promote protests and to educate. The organisers said: “We look forward to organising more successful protests, to educating the public and to meeting more and more of you who will help us pave the way to a better and brighter future!”

The event was originally planned to be held in a venue, however as the new coronavirus rules came in, it was decided by the organisers to have it in an outside space in order to ensure social distancing.

The organisers have said:  “PPE, such as masks, gloves and sanitiser will be provided, and that all equipment will be deep cleaned before and after the event”.

Featured images via Instagram @allblacklivesmanc