Six bouncers involved in attack at Factory plead guilty and receive sentences

They all have to complete 150 hours of community service

The Security personnel involved in an attack two years ago with a professional rugby player have been charged.

Joe Sharratt, then 18 played for St Helens Academy, where his talent had many believing he would one day represent his country.

Joe suffered bleeds to the brain in the attack and has permanent hearing loss in one ear. Medics have subsequently advised that he does not play the sport ever again.

Joe Sharratt, 18 at the time of the attack (Credit: St Helens RFC)

Today at Manchester Crown Court, six men have been sentenced after admitting their guilt in the affray.

On the night of the attack two years ago, a video was taken which appeared to show an argument and then a brawl. Six bouncers attacked Mr Sharrett and friend, Leon Cooper.

Prosecutors at the court explained how a “powerfully built” Gareth Carr knocked Joe unconscious and onto the floor.

Gareth Carr, sentenced to 21 months (via GMP)

Gareth Carr has been jailed for 21 months for his part in the attack after he admitted to grievous bodily harm and affray.

Also charged for affray: Amjad Yasin, 38, Imran Ilyas, 41, Lee Clark, 42, Mohammed Saleem, 22, and Javad Solimanbolagh, 25.

They all must each now complete 150 hours of unpaid community service.

Solimanbolagh, Saleem, Yasin, Ilyas, Clark (all of the Manchester and Greater Manchester area) have received suspended prison sentences.

Mr Sharratt, in his victim statement, said: “I just want to move on with my life, and I don’t want this assault to take anything else away from me.”

And although advised against playing Rugby again, Mr Sharratt said: “because it’s my passion I have made the decision to play.”

We here at the Manchester Tab wish Josh all the best in his pursuits and hope that his dreams of one day playing for England are realised.