Image may contain: Face, Person, Human, Accessory, Accessories, Glasses

More potential victims come forward after the sentencing of Reynhard Sinaga

UoM and MMU students were among his victims

Police have confirmed more potential victims of Reynhard Sinaga are coming forward after his sentencing on Monday.

Sinaga was convicted of 136 sex offences and handed a life sentence with a minimum of 30 years.

Greater Manchester Police have a room specifically to deal with sexual abuse reports and while they cannot release the specific number of calls made, they can say that some relate to possible victims of Sinaga.

Following this dedicated room, Survivors Manchester (a charity which helps male survivors of sexual abuse) have said the case "generates the ability to talk" and help to make abuse easier to discuss.

Reynhard Sinaga, a 36-year-old Indonesian man, moved to the UK in 2007. The 136 counts of rape he was convicted for all took place after 2017, however, police report he could have been raping strangers for years before.

Sinaga would wait for men to leave nightclubs and then strike up a conversation with those who would seem the most drunk.

He would lure them back to his flat, with the incentive of a drink or a taxi call, where he would drug their drinks with the date rape drug GHB.

He would rape the men multiple times whilst they were unconsciousness and even film the assaults as personal trophies.

Once the men were awake, the majority of them could not remember the incident and some even thanked Sinaga for his hospitality.

Police have said there is evidence to suggest that Reynhard targeted at least 190 victims yet have not been able to identify a further 70 victims. They are appealing for anyone who has been directly affected by Reynhard Sinaga to come forward.

Sentenced by the Crown Prosecution Service at Manchester Crown Court, they said that Sinaga was "the most prolific rapist in British legal history" with the GMP further adding that he is an "evil serial sexual predator".

Many of his victims had attended university within Manchester and both Manchester Metropolitan University and the University of Manchester have offered their support for anyone affected.

The University of Manchester said: “The university has set up a dedicated confidential telephone line (+44(0)3301 289241) for anyone who feels they have been affected in any way by these events, or who knows someone who has”.

Manchester Metropolitan University said: "We are aware that several members of our students and staff community (past and present) are directly or indirectly affected.

"Our thoughts are with them and we applaud their bravery, and that of all the victims, in assisting the police”.

Through a new and committed hotline, the GMP have asked people to report information online or call its police line on 0800 092 0410 from inside the UK or 0207 158 0124 from abroad if they believe they might have been attacked by Sinaga.

If you have been affected or know someone who has, contact Greater Manchester Police online or through their dedicated phone lines.