Image may contain: Gown, Evening Dress, Fashion, Robe, Canine, Mammal, Pet, Dog, Animal, Apparel, Clothing, Human, Person

A UoM student had a literal sheep’s head left outside her house

Apparently it was left there by one of their exes

A University of Manchester student had a sheep’s head left outside her house in Fallowfield over the weekend.

Dentistry student Amy shared a photo of the head to FSG with the caption: “Whoever left their head outside our house do you want to come pick it up?”

Amy told The Manchester Tab she thought the head “was some kind of threat,” but later found out it had been left there by her mates, one of whom had been “an old flame” of her housemate. She said the boys had picked the head up during a social.

Want to write for The Tab at Manchester Uni? Come to our open meeting on February 3rd at Bar Fallowfield – details here. Message our Facebook page if you have any questions.

Image may contain: Pet, Dog, Mammal, Canine, Animal

The original FSG post

Amy told The Manchester Tab: “So my housemate actually found it on Sunday morning.

“We had no idea why it was there and obviously freaked out because we thought it was some kind of threat.

“Someone was looking through our letterbox and trying our door the night before so we were really scared by it all.”

Image may contain: Gown, Fashion, Robe, Evening Dress, Shoe, Footwear, Person, Human, Apparel, Clothing

Amy

This is not the first time an animal body part has wound up in a Fallowfield house -earlier this year, a UoM student had the heart of a lamb shoved through her letterbox.

Amy later found some of her friends were responsible for the sheep’s head. She said: “It turns out some boys we are friends with were on a social and had this head for some strange reason.

“Still not sure why they chose to put it on our doorstep, but to make it so much weirder one of the boys was a former flame of one of us in the house!

“Strangest declaration of love ever, right?”

Got a mad story you think we should be covering? Send it to The Manchester tab Instagram.