Image may contain: Clothing, Apparel, Human, Person, Cushion, Furniture, Chair

A Manchester lecturer is in the new Shaun the Sheep movie

Guess who…

A UoM Physics lecturer has been given a role in the sequel to the 2015 Shaun the Sheep movie – Shaun the Sheep 2: Farmageddon.

Professor Brian Cox of the University of Manchester Physics and Astronomy department has been given a cameo in the new Aardman adventure.

The film has our hero Shaun trying to get an interstellar visitor named Lu-La back to her home planet: an adventure of similar difficulty to getting your paralytically drunk flatmate back from Fifth.

Professor Cox is joined in the cast by the iconic children’s TV star Mr Tumble (Justin Fletcher) as the unflappable Shaun and the narrator of Peppa Pig, John Sparkes, as Bitzer the sheepdog.

Farmageddon was shot in Aardmans Bristol studio using traditional stop motion animation. The first appearance of Shaun was in the 1995 Wallace and Gromit's 'A Close Shave', making him older than most of the people reading this article.

Brian Cox is the Royal Society Professor for Public Engagement in Science and did both his undergraduate degree and PhD at Manchester. The professor has admitted to worrying that his character looks like Ed Milliband.

Shaun the Sheep 2: Farmageddon is in cinemas now.