Image may contain: Food, Meal, Vacation, Football, Sport, People, Ball, Sports, Team, Soccer, Team Sport, Soccer Ball, Audience, Crowd, Person, Human

23 people were arrested on drug charges at Parklife 2019

Police confirmed there were 42 arrests overall

23 people were arrested on drugs related charges at Parklife this weekend.

Greater Manchester Police told The Manchester Tab 23 arrests were drugs related, six were assault, two theft, and two fraud. There were 42 arrests overall, down from last year's total of 52.

Chief Superintendent Graeme Openshaw, from GMP’s Specialist Operations Branch, said: “Officers worked closely with event organisers to prevent drugs getting into the festival and there was an operation actively targeting those dealing drugs and psychoactive substances.

"The safety of those attending the event was a top priority and we are pleased that the event passed without incident."

A 20-year-old man was among those arrested. He was detained on suspicion of possession with intent to supply.

The Loop released two high strength pill alerts over the weekend. Purple "Skype" and "Sprite" pills were reported to have approximately three times the dose of a normal pill – 300g of MDMA.

The pills were tested on the site and were said to have been linked to "welfare cases."

Attendees who felt unwell were advised to seek urgent medical help. However, no incidences of people falling seriously ill were reported throughout the event.

Image may contain: Text

Image credit: The Loop

80,000 people descended on Heaton Park this weekend for a two days of fun unhindered by the awful weather, but the event was well managed by police and security.

Cardi B was set to headline the event, but she cancelled her appearance to recover from plastic surgery.

Parklife organiser and Warehouse Project king Sacha Lord told ravers to "party sensibly and pace yourself".

The Police were observing festival from the air, using the latest in drone technology to keep an eye on the revellers from above.