Image may contain: Door, Advertisement, Poster

There are currently no working toilets in the Main Library

Update: The Toilets are open again

Toilets and water fountains on all floors of the Main Library were out of order today, due to "maintenance work".

The University of Manchester twitter account announced "due to repairs being carried out on the building's water supply there are currently no toilets or water fountains available in the Main Library" at 12.13pm.

Image may contain: Page, Text, Book

"We'll let you know when they're up and running again but in the meantime the nearest working toilets are over at the AGLC."

The Main Library is open from 8am and students reported that up unti around 12.30pm the toilets had been working as usual.

The main library toilets closed around twelve o'clock as part of the ongoing upgrades to the library taking place over Easter, which include additional plug sockets being added to blue 2 and purple 4.

Image may contain: Furniture, Door

Lottie, a final year Religion and Theology student told The Manchester Tab "It's a bit annoying having to go all the way to Ali G just to piss.

"I don't mind the renovations it's just the first I heard of the toilets closing was when I saw the signs on the toilet door."

Image may contain: Text, Paper, Advertisement, Brochure, Flyer, Poster