Image may contain: Tower, Pastry, Dessert, Architecture, Building, Food, Bread

Greggs is opening in Fallowfield!!

Cut me open and I bleed Greggs

Greggs are FINALLY opening a bakery in Fallowfield!!

In a zeitgeist of conspiracy and anxiety over whether Fallowfield really is dying, Greggs will inject life back into everyone's favourite student suburb, opening sometime in April. The bakery will be located between Spoons and Arabia Nights on Wilmslow Road, and students can expect the full range of Greggs baked goods. They're not holding back.

In response to the new opening, Greggs have encouraged students to stop spending their money on Deliveroo and cacti until the bakery opens.

Speaking to The Manchester Tab, a spokesperson from Greggs said: "Greggs has become staple food of the North, and we're really happy to be serving the Manchester student community in Fallowfield with our freshly-baked goods.

"The decision to open a Greggs in Fallowfield has been in the works ever since we found out the sheer amount of vegans that live there. After the massive success of our new vegan sausage roll, opening a Greggs in Fallowfield has become a perfect storm. So save your pennies, students."

Before you share this article with your pastry-loving pals, check the date. Happy April Fools.