Image may contain: Condo, Housing, Fir, Abies, Tree, Plant, Office Building, Apartment Building, Building, Town, High Rise, Urban, City

Manchester is the third best university in the world for nursing, according to new QS rankings

Send this article to your mum

According to the QS 2019 study, the University of Manchester is the 29th best university in the world, with two subjects in the top ten.

Nursing at The University of Manchester ranks third in the world, just behind King's College London and the University of Pennsylvania.

Manchester also ranked ninth in the world for Architecture, 14th for Anthropology and 18th for Dentistry.

The QS World University Rankings is an extensive overview of international higher education performance. The ranking is based on several different criteria, including academic reputation and employment prospects.

1,200 universities were considered in the rankings across 48 subject areas.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOBqYeTB_7E/

The only other UK uni holding onto a top ten spot is the University of Southampton, rolling into fifth place.

The University of Manchester as a whole comes in 29th for the best university in the world. QS also declared Manchester’s employability to be an impressive 35th.

And the UK's best unis? Oxford and Cambridge, of course, taking the world's fifth and sixth top spots.

Visit the Top Universities website to delve further into how Manchester fairs on the world academic stage.