Ariana Grande is headlining Manchester Pride 2019

So that’s why it costs £71

Hide Images

Ariana Grande will headline the Sunday closing slot of this year's Manchester Pride, as confirmed on Twitter today.

She will join previously-announced acts including Years and Years, Basement Jaxx, Pixie Lott and Bananarama on August Bank Holiday weekend of the 23rd – 26th.

This will be Ariana's first performance in Manchester since One Love Manchester after the attacks at MEN arena in May 2017.

Ariana will perform songs from her newest album, Thank U, Next, as well as older hits such as No Tears Left To Cry, God is a Woman and Problem.

Now officially renamed Manchester Pride Live, 2019's Pride will be the first to mostly take place in Mayfield Depot, near Piccadilly Railway Station, moving from its previous home of Canal Street’s Gay Village.

The festival will also feature a parade through Manchester city centre, as well as smaller events in Sackville Gardens and Canal Street.

The announcement that Ariana Grande will headline comes in the wake of concerns that the increase in ticket prices – from £30.80 in 2018 to £71 this year – means that Pride is no longer an inclusive event.

Speaking to The Manchester Tab, the Chief Executive for Manchester Pride, Mark Fletcher, defended the price increase, saying: "We’re presenting the biggest line up of artists we’ve ever had, for less than the price of a single concert ticket. Plus as before a limited number of hardship tickets will be made available for those facing financial hardship".

Ariana was made an honorary citizen of Manchester in 2018 after giving back to Manchester with her 'One Love' concert in July 2017 in the wake of the MEN bombings.

You can buy tickets for Manchester Pride 2019 here.