Image may contain: Kissing, Kiss, Person, People, Human

Here’s how to get tickets to see the World Cup at Castlefield Bowl in Manchester

It’s coming home

Sacha Lord, nightlife economy adviser to Manchester City Council and founder of the Warehouse Project and Parklife Festival, announced via Twitter yesterday that Manchester WILL be getting a big screen to watch the World Cup, after all.

The England v Croatia, England's first World Cup semi-final in 28 years, will be screened from 7-9pm at Castlefield Bowl on Wednesday, with doors open from 4pm.

Castlefield Bowl, a venue with an 8,000 person capacity that has hosted the likes of New Order, The Courteneers, The Levellers and Noel Gallagher, will also have a bar area serving £5 pints and food trailers throughout the night.

Image may contain: Audience, Crowd, Person, People, Human

After hundreds of Mancunians flooded the streets on Saturday chanting "it's coming home" in reaction to the England win against Sweden in the quarter-finals, we can expect the crowd at Castlefield Bowl to be equally messy.

Unlike most London screenings, this event will be FREE, with only a £1 booking fee. You can buy tickets here.