A baseball bar has just opened in Manchester and it might be the best thing ever

Move over crazy golf, there’s a new sport in town

Base MCR is Manchester's brand new venue that combines baseball with booze on a night out.

There are three batting cages, where you and up to four of your mates can compete against each other and see who can hit the most home runs. You can take it in turns to practise your swing and aim for the target while drinking a bucket of beer or a cheap cocktail.

Before you play, you'll be given a briefing by a coach who will teach you the best technique before you're let lose in the batting cage.

The new venue will be offering 2-for-1 cocktails and serving loads of all-American snacks to keep you fuelled while you play. And to top all of this off you can get 50% off if you book online before the end of October – costing £12.50 for half an hour.

You can find Base MCR on Millow Street, just behind Victoria Station in the city centre and for now, the opening times are 6pm – 11pm on Friday and Saturday.

You'll be swinging like a pro in no time

What could be more satisfying after a boring week of lectures than playing a bit of baseball and drinking with your mates?

Don't miss out and be one of the first to try the city's newest night out. Book your batting cage here.