Gen Sec candidate covers Lady Leshur’s ‘Queen’s Speech 4’ in campaign video

0-1 to the 6-1

Final year history student, Marah covered her campaign video through Lady Leshur’s ‘Queen’s Speech 4′.

The remake of the Brummie’s rap shows Marah walking through the Students’ Union explaining why she would be the ideal candidate for the role. Ready to rep the 0161, Marah promises to ensure students at Manchester have the best university experience they can possibly have.

Her manifesto is no dead ting

Marah plans to prioritise mental health and well-being through establishing more relaxation spaces across campus. She also wants to integrate North Campus by providing more activities and events,  expand the current Gen Sec drop-in surgeries to hear what students need, as well as giving students a voice in the local community by building a relationship with Greater Manchester’s upcoming Mayor.

Here’s Marah’s video in full:

Speaking about her campaign, Marah said “I can’t lie, campaigning has been a bit stressful but also has definitely been a lot of fun! My friends have been really supportive, and I don’t think any of this would have been possible without them.”

“I was inspired to make a video after I watched Naa’s last year. I felt like it would be the best way to get my name out there as social media is a powerful medium to reach people in a short amount of time.”

Bitmoji so relatable

You can find out more about Marah’s manifesto here.