Everything you can do this Valentines Day as a single loser

So what if it’s all a marketing campaign run by Hallmark, it’s still fun.

Valentines day is fast approaching and so is the pressure to couple up. The Tab Manchester understands that Valentine’s day is not just an opportunity for the couples to showcase their overwhelming adoration for each other, but it’s conveniently an opportunity to gather all you single pringles. We’ve got you covered from the day time right through until the early hours of Wednesday morning.

Love Is In the Air  at Go Air Trampoline
Who doesn’t love trampolining? At £12.50 you and your pals can head down to Go Air Trampoline for a two hour jump session feat DJ.

Find your Flatmate at Academy 3
Looking for more than just love this Valentines Day? Venture down to Academy 3 in the Students Union and find some flatmates for next year, you could always find more than just friendship.

Valentines Special at Junkyard Golf
As if you need an excuse to head down to this little haven of crazy golf, rave paint and booze, but if you’re looking for one all proceeds are going to the Love Support Unite Foundation

Destress with Guide Dogs  at MMU

credit to MMU Sport and Destress with Guide Dogs

From 1-3pm students and staff at Man Met will be able to spend time with guide dogs, from retired dogs to puppies in training. Head to the Union conference room and make a donation to spend some quality time with furry friends.

Unicef Valentines Bake Sale at UOM 
Forget about finding love, cakes are the next best thing! Fill that heart shaped hole with sugar, spice and all things nice. For home made cakes made with an abundance of love just find your way to the Students Union from 10am-5pm.

Free Sandwich with a large drink at Subway 
At Subway Valentine’s Day is also customer appreciation day, so go and be appreciated with a free six inch sub when you buy a large drink or bottle of water.

Valentines Special at The Fitzgerald

credit to The Fitzgerald

The Fitzgerald in NQ are opening for a valentines special, promising jazz and fancy cocktails served in vintage suitcases. If you’ve been inspired La La Land to go seek love in a jazz bar, or just fancy splashing out with the squad in an instagrammable bar then this is the place to go.

Valentines Week at The Cat Cafe 
Get everyone together and go watch cute valentines films with even cuter cats all Valentines Week. With films including The Notebook, Notting Hill and 10 Things I Hate About You, what could be better than curling up with a blanket, popcorn and unlimited cat cuddles? At £16pp, and sessions selling out quickly be sure to book now.

Valentines Spanked! at G-A-Y
Vanity Who’s hosting Spanked! a Valentines special at G-A-Y. With a guarantee of drinks at £1.60 and the best pop videos the only question is will you be being spanked this Valentines?

Filthy Gorgeous, Valentines Special at Kiki

credit to Filthy Gorgeous.

A traffic light party with all drinks £1.50 all night. With runway performances and lots of freebies, your student card gets you a discounted price.

Applebum at Antwerp

credit to Applebum at Antwerp

Applebum are kicking their year off in their favourite manchester venue, to celebrate the dirtiest Hip Hop and RnB tracks ‘from old school jams to new era sounds’. Unfortunately it’s sold out, but if you’re looking for a classic edgy fallowfield valentines, this is where you’ll find it.

Grab A Granny at Hula

credit to Grab a Granny at Hula Tiki Lounge.

Calling all toy boys and cougars! The Hula Tiki Lounge are hosting something a little different, celebrating the cougars who’ll receive a free drink. Expect absolute bangers from the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s.

Made in the 90s Valentines Special at Fifth

credit to Made in the 90s at Fifth.

Fifth, the epitome of the love/hate relationship. You always say never again but find yourself coming up with excuses to go… Made in the 90s provides the best and most eclectic old school bangers, the drinks are cheap and with the squad it’s a guaranteed giggle.

Captured at Viva
Captured is a new student night at Viva on Whitworth Street. A mid week Valentines rave with the best of RnB, Hip Hop, Afrobeats, Basement and Grime. If you’ve missed out on Applebum tickets and like toilets with doors head on over.

Disco Delights Presents: Groove is in the Heart at Koh Tao

Credit to Olly Shezz and Disco Delight.

Stay close to home and get in for only £2 when you write your name on the wall. Groove is in the Heart promises global grooves right on your door and turkish delight for the first 50 people.
Lovely artwork from Olly Shezz

Tektu presents The Love Shack at Joshua Brooks
Tektu residents are dropping the best of House, Garage and Techno as well as all sorts of madness in what’s expected to be their best show yet. Joshua Brooks will be transformed into a love shack featuring some surprises.