Nobody panic, but there was a tarantula in Oak House today

‘I needed a piss and then noticed there’s a fucking tarantula by the loo’

We all know Oak House is pretty grim (and pretty loose), but it hit new heights this afternoon when fresher Caius Tabberer discovered an actual tarantula in the bathroom of his flat in Beech Court, Oak House.

At approximately 2.50pm this afternoon, Caius nipped to the loo for a quick toilet break that ended up as a full blown arachnid rescue experience.

He said, “I needed a piss and then noticed there’s a fucking tarantula by the loo”

The inhabitants of the flat had no idea how the furry eight legged fiend got in, posting a video on the Fallowfield buy & sell facebook page asking if someone had potentially lost their pet tarantula.

“Someone may have planted it but we’ve had no parties so I genuinely have no idea, not something you’d expect when you just want to take a piss to be fair.”

Caius called campus security to come and remove the tarantula, who gave her a damp sponge to rehydrate after the perilous journey to Beach Court, and tucked her up into some “nice tupperware”.

Georgia, the owner of the tarantula (known as Yolandi – who actually has her own facebook) was eventually found via the Facebook post, she had gone home for a few days and left the tarantula with free reign of her room.

“I left her in my room before I went home to Belfast for a few days and she must have climbed under the door”

When asked why she had to bring Yolandi to uni with her, Georgia replied “my mum wouldn’t look after her”, poor Yolandi.