Forget Fabric reopening, Manchester has the best nightlife in the UK

The club everyone cares about but nobody has been to

This week Fabric agreed a deal with Islington Council which will see it reopen after being closed down in September over deaths caused by drug usage. This is an important step forward and comes after large campaigns online to have the iconic venue reopened.

Despite some of the online protestors presumably having never been to Fabric before, everyone feels connected with it as it represents an aspect of British nightlife which must be preserved. But why go all the way to London? A couple of nights in Manchester will tell you all you need to know – that it is the best night out in the country, no questions asked.

Warehouse Project

Undoubtedly one of the UK’s best ever creations, Warehouse Project is an event in everyone’s calendar. People travel from all over the country to the mecca of Manchester to see an unbeatable lineup of acts: Mura Masa, David Rodigan, Dusky, Skepta, Andy C, B. Traits, Hannah Wants, DJ EZ, Four Tet, Bonobo, MK, Bicep, Pete Tong, Chase & Status and Flume, to name a few.

Only in Manchester

The unbeatable acts combined with Warehouse Project’s location underneath Piccadilly Station mean that it has a vibe that you simply cannot find anywhere else. If you’re going to blow your loan on one thing, it’s this – and unlike nights out at Fifth and Factory, it won’t go to waste. It’s a great excuse to bring ‘that’ mate from home who just LOVES the most obscure DJ playing on the night, and with a lineup encompassing a huge range of genres there is something for everyone.

You can be as happy as this

If you’re looking for a perfect example of the British clubbing scene, look no further.

Antwerp

The mansion is situated just off the Curry Mile, no longer than a 10 minute bus ride away from Fallowfield. First release tickets sell ridiculously fast for popular events, but it’s more than worth it.

Along with their more typical club nights such as MotherFunkers, Better in the 90s and Applebum, Antwerp hosts some of the hottest acts around. Preditah is playing for New Years, and recent events have included Ed Solo, Congo Natty, Artful Dodger and Mungo’s Hi Fi.

Squad

Get yourself a can of the finest Red Stripe and a wavey shirt and you’re all set for one of Manchester’s best clubs.

Hidden

One of Manchester’s newest clubs, Hidden is also one of the best. Their regular events host an impressive range of DJ’s that are not to be missed. It was voted as Manchester’s Best Club in 2015, and has also been nominated for Best British Small Club 2016.

Hidden’s New Years event promises the opening of another room in the club. It’s popularity is impressive for a relatively new venue – so you best get down there before everyone else finds out about it.

Sankeys 

As well as it’s weekly events such as P.A.R.T.Y., Sankeys still hosts some brilliant DJ nights. After all, it is the club that turned away Justin Bieber, and has a sister club in Ibiza. Since September it has already had nights with Chimpo & Chunky, P Money and the Mouse Outfit, and looks set to continue that with its winter lineup.

Yes, your night will be this blurry.

Add to that it’s reputation of a premier club, and you can justify yourself that paying over a fiver for a voddy coke is okay. It isn’t one of the cheapest nights out, but a big one at Sankeys is more than worth it.

After all, it’s still probably cheaper than clubs in London.