Skream is playing in Manchester on his European tour

It’s going to be a ‘back to basics’ clubbing experience

Skream has announced the dates and venues for his European tour, ‘Open to Close’, and Manchester is one of the 10 UK stops.

He will be playing a “back to basics” set of “anything from funk, to disco, to house or techno” at Gorilla in conjunction with Warehouse Project on the 25th of November.

He is said to be doing all night sets at his favourite clubs in Europe, so we’re honoured to have him grace the rainy city in one of the best venues we have on offer.

Skream said: “The tour itself is a conscious effort to resurrect the ‘back to basics’ element of club culture to the forefront again, forsaking elaborate, extravagant production for the eyes-down, music focused selection of a pure clubbing experience.

“People assume because I did one thing for so long that I only like that style, but this tour will give me a chance to show people that my knowledge goes a bit further than that.”

Skream, A.K.A. Oliver Jones, has been a pioneer of Dubstep, becoming one of the most prominent producers in the scene. However, he is now showcasing his love of funk, disco, house and techno with this stripped back tour across Europe.

skream2

The Manchester show will be run by WHP and is already sold out, so here’s the full list of dates and venues for the ‘Open to Close’ tour:

OCTOBER ’16

October 8th | Wall – Milan

October 28th | Village Underground – London

October 30th | Opium Rooms – Dublin

NOVEMBER ’16

November 4th | Patterns – Brighton

November 5th | Switch – Southampton

November 11th | Transport – Rotterdam

November 12th | Blackbox – Birmingham

November 19th  Labyrinth Club – Hasselt

24th November, Cabaret Voltaire – Edinburgh

November 25th | Gorilla – Manchester

November 26th | Marble Factory – Bristol

DECEMBER ’16

December 3rd | Mint Club – Leeds

December 9th | Stealth  – Nottingham

December 18th | Sub Club – Glasgow