Two men have been charged for raping a 18-year-old woman in Piccadilly

It happened at 7am

Two men have been arrested for raping an 18-year-old woman this weekend. 

Police were called after the girl was raped in Manchester city centre, shortly before 7am.

The location where the incident occurred has been described as “the top set of the stairs leading to the canal  path at the back of Jutland house, in Piccadilly basin area.”

Two men, aged 18, are being charged. Orlando Machado has been charged with two counts of rape and one count of sexual assault. Ricardo Rodriques-Fortes-Gomes has been charged with two counts of rape.

Both men were demanded to appear at Manchester Magistrates Court on Monday 25th of July.

Detective Inspector Ryan Davies of GMP’s Public Protection Division said: “I understand that an incident of this nature might cause concern in the community and that I want to offer reassurance that we have increased patrols in the area and officers are supporting the woman at this extremely difficult time. I am urging anyone who was in the area to come forward.”

Incidents like this are no stranger to Manchester, and we must strive to stop these victims becoming yet another statistic.