First years complain that FOLS exam is ‘a complete repeat’ of 2012 past paper

Students who sat the exam said only three of the multiple choice questions were different

A first year Faculty of Life sciences exam has been branded ‘a complete repeat’ of a 2012 past paper by students who took the ‘Drugs: From Molecules to Man’ paper yesterday. Arguably one of the toughest modules taken by first year FOLS students, the exam involved remembering over 60 drug names with many needing their mechanism also. The concepts of the science are complex and many stressed over revising for the exam.

But first year Lexi said: “The multiple choice question exam was pretty much identical to the 2012 past paper apart from like 3 questions which in themself were similar to other past papers.”

Posts on YikYak revealed the similarities after the exam. The university only allow up to three past papers to be released via the past paper blackboard. These were 2013, 2014, and 2015. However, a student managed to find the access the 2012 paper not knowing it would come up in the exam and modestly posted it on the module’s discussion board for every student to access.

Pharmacology fresher Rachael said: “I managed to have a look over the 2012 paper the night before as it was on the discussion board, and when it got to the exam, I was so surprised. Pretty much all of the questions were the same, and despite not actually knowing the answers, I felt really comfortable completing the multiple choice exam in the hour.”

Don’t panic too much guys: just so you know, first year for Faculty of Life Sciences Students counts for 10 per cent of your overall grade.