Junk in the Northern Quarter is our new fashion haven

Get your wardrobe festival-ready

Festival season is round the corner which means we will be welcoming patterned harem pants, hemp hoodies and funky accessories. If you’re looking for some individual styles that aren’t from the high street, then Junk is the place to be.

Junk uses recycled fabrics to create quirky eye catching designs. They use old sari fabrics to create beautiful patterned clothing which is perfect for festivals. Some of the pieces are pictured below.

White Lace handmade top made from old curtains – £28

Cute brown dress made from a table cloth – £36

Orange crop made from a sari – £26

Purple and orange jacket with yellow top all made from sari’s – £38 and £20

Festival Blanket Jacket – £38

Festival Blanket Jacket – £38

Festival Blanket Jacket – £38

The Junk team tour all of the festivals where they offer classes in customising your clothes and creating sassy headpieces. They also sell blankets from their pop up shop which is useful to keep in mind, just in case your tent gets flooded or you sleeping bag gets robbed. They are attending six festivals this year: see their website for more details.

However, if you aren’t attending any festivals this year, you don’t have to fret as they offer loads of classes in the shop, starting off with a free sewing class. You never know, this could be your route to becoming the next Christopher Kane.

School of Junk

The shop itself is super cute, its filled with all sorts of clothes, jewelry, bags and kitsch items. Each item is either up-cycled, vintage or hand made which makes it even more special. Its totally worth having a look if you’re around and about in the Northern Quarter, as once the items have gone they are totally gone.

Table of Bling

Cool things

Look at that waistcoat

Jazzy Tables

So if you looking for anything that quirky and not available in Topshop, then Junk is the place for you. Don’t forget to go and see them at the festivals where you can up-cycle your clothes and get warm blankets when you need it most.