A cockroach and vermin infestation has been found in Abdul’s

Cockroach kebab anyone?

Adbul’s, the takeaway infamously known for supposedly giving a number of people food poisoning, has been found to have a pest problem.

Following a complaint from a member of the public, an investigation by food safety officers unearthed evidence of mice and cockroaches in the Levenshulme branch of Abdul’s.

They also have a branch in Fallowfield

Meanwhile, a routine assessment of the Rusholme branch on the Curry Mile also found proof of a pest problem, discovering rat and mice faeces as well as dead vermin.

Pest control services were called in swiftly to resolve the situation.

Further food safety problems uncovered by inspectors included: unclean sinks; greasy floors and walls; and dirty utensils.

After two of the five Abdul’s branches in South Manchester were found to have inadequate food safety practices the owners were issues with multiple fines, amounting to almost £13,000.

Councillor Nigel Murphy told the Manchester Evening News that “disregard for pest control and unhygienic conditions will not be tolerated.”

The company agreed to close voluntarily until their establishment meets the required standards of cleanliness and food safety.