Police advise women not to walk alone in city centre after more sex attacks

They believe one man is responsible for three attacks


The police are warning women to not walk alone in the city centre after yet another spate of sex attacks.

Two weeks ago, the police released images of a suspect in sex related crimes, believing he was responsible for three separate attacks.

The female victims of the sex attacks were all walking alone in the early hours of the morning when they were approached.

Today, the police have released another image of a suspect they wish to speak to in relation to the attacks and have urged women not to walk alone in the city centre.

The police have released another CCTV image of a suspect

The police have released another CCTV image of a suspect

The first assault took place on Saturday January 30th between 3.30am and 3.45am. A 19-year-old woman was sexually assaulted on Oxford Road before the attacked followed her to Whitworth Street where he attempted assault again.

Then Saturday February 6th, a 22-year-old woman was approached and sexually assaulted at around 4am on Kent Road West in Manchester.

The third attack took place last Wednesday March 2nd on Oldham Street by Piccadilly Gardens. A 21-year-old woman was waiting for a taxi at 4.20am when she was approached.  The man spoke to the victim and waited with her before sexually assaulting her.

The man the police want to find is described as Asian, clean-shaven and in his late 20s-early 30s.

He was carrying an umbrella with the logo of outdoor clothing company Blacks and wearing a dark puffa coat and dark jeans.

The man suspected to be linked to three attacks

The man suspected to be linked to three attacks

Another incident on Valentine’s day in which a 21-year-old woman was sexually assaulted on Minshull Street was previously thought to be connected, but is no longer suspected as linked.

DC Lowton said: “We no longer believe the same man is responsible for the incident that happened on Sunday 14 February, but are continuing to investigate all incidents and are determined to find whoever is targeting women in the city centre.”

Concerned about the ongoing situation, second year Kate told The Tab: “It scares me that down to my gender, I no longer can feel secure when the sun goes down.”

Equally distressed, third year Fia said: “It’s absolutely disgusting that people like this can get away with it and more than once.

“I don’t feel safe at all in the city, even during the day.”