Snow, sleet and ice coming to Manchester

There will be even more delays on the Curry Mile

The Met Office have issued an amber warning over parts of Greater Manchester as snowfall and cold winds are expected overnight tonight creating potential travel disruptions tomorrow morning.

As the rain and strong winds sweep over the North West tonight, Manchester is expected to experience wintry and icy conditions on several roads across the city.

Travel bosses have also warned drivers and commuters using roads and public transport routes of the potentially difficult driving conditions and the delays that these may cause.

Icy stretches on untreated roads and pavements are also likely to form.

Phil Stockford, Emergency Planning Manager for Highways England, said: “The amber status means commuters should be prepared before setting out on journeys”.

So if you’re planning on actually making your 9am tomorrow, it’s advised to set off earlier and prepare for the Curry Mile to be even worse than it already is.

Second year Dom is planning to do no work if it snows, he said: “I’m excited for the snow, as long as there’s enough to build a snowman and give me an excuse to procrastinate from any work that I should be doing”.

Management student Marcus got a bit over excited, saying: “Do you want to build a snowman? Come on lets go and play, I never see you anymore, come out the door, it’s like you’ve gone awayyy.”