Police release CCTV footage of city centre sex attack

She was forced to jump into oncoming traffic

Security footage has just been released by Greater Manchester Police that shows the sexual attack of a woman in the city centre, on Corporation Street.

In the footage, the woman has been followed down the street, and is forced to jump into the road into the path of cars after a man attempted to aggressively force his hand up her skirt.

Luckily, the woman was not hit by oncoming traffic, and was able to cross the road to escape her attacker as he walked away as if nothing had happened.

The woman turned around and could easily have been hit by a car

It happened at the worryingly early time of 7pm, on Friday evening.

The attacker is reportedly of a medium build, white, in his 50s, and between 5ft 8in and 6ft tall, with dark grey stubble and a moustache.

He was wearing a dark coloured beanie hat, a dark coat and a rucksack.

Constable Rebecca Lovekin told the MEN: “This was a predatory attack that came about after this offender followed the victim down the street.

“He waited until she was trapped between the busy crossing and him before sexually assaulting this terrified woman. She leapt into the busy road to escape him, putting herself in further danger, and the offender walks away. If you recognise this man, help us prevent any further attacks and come forward to police.”

Anyone with any information regarding the attack should call 101 quoting incident number 050216/2233, or anonymously call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.